Another month of commuting and I’m still alive. How about that! It’s been quite a month and lots of riding. If you have read us for a while, a month ago I wrote about the first two months of commuting and thanks to my trusty Garmin Forerunner 305, I have almost all rides logged to compare. Let’s see how things have changed:
- With one day to go, I’ve ridden the same 30 times in the last 30 days. Previously that was for two months, so number of rides has doubled – totaling to 700 kilometers
- I’ve burned 42,828 calories in one month, while it took me two months to burn 48,419 calories before. That puts the calorie counter to 91,247 calories in three months!
- My average speed has increased from 20.8 km/h to 22.5 km/h
- My average heart rate is down to 144 BPM from 148 a month ago, meaning that my body can produce more power with less effort
- I’ve done over 31 hours of exercising in one month I wouldn’t have done otherwise, compared to 35+ hours in two months before
- Saved 90 euros on bus tickets, to a total of 240 euros in three months
I was surprised a month ago, but when I was typing those numbers in while looking at the old post I was a bit down because they looked so similar – before realizing that those numbers from before were for two months. Sweet!